Welcome to the Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, nonprofit business organization that has been proudly working to Market, Advocate, Network, and Educate its members to further enhance the economic well-being of the local economy and cultivate a sense of community since 1915. Located just east of I94 this area is the Heart of Racine County and is known for its excellent schools and friendly rural feel. The Heart of Racine County is a great place to live, work and play.
Saturday October 23rd
10 am – 5:30 pm
- 12 pm – BBQ Turn In & Judging Begins
- 5 pm – KCBS BEST OF THE MIDWEST Awards
Pumpkin Chuckin Field (10 – 5:30)
IT’S YOUR TURN! Launch your own pumpkin between competitions – $4 per launch.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Chuck Your Own Pumpkin
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Strongman Contest – $2 Entry Fee
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Pumpkin Chuckin Contest
- 4:30 pm – Soaring Squash Team Awards
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Chuck Your Own Pumpkin
- 4:00 pm – Pumpkin Explosion – Sponsored by: Jennifer Dassow – First Weber
- 5:00 pm – Pumpkin Chuckin Team Awards
A special thanks to RUMA Sports for creating all the amazing trophies for the Best of the Midwest BBQ and Chuckin awards!
Kids Games & Activities (10-5)
Little Sprouts Kids Zone
- Free Hayrides (10-5) – Sponsored By: Kurk Inc, Jessup Fredrick – State Farm, Napoli Pizza & Pasta, H& R Block- B&J Stowell,Inc
- Cookie Decorating
- Make your own sling shots
Special thanks to Maurice Farms for donating pumpkins used at the Fest!
- 10:00 am – Racine Zoo
- 11:30 – The Great Pumpkin Bake – off Judging
- 12 :00 – Racine Zoo
- 1:00 pm – Kids Costume Contest & Parade
- 2:30 pm – Pie Eating Contest
- 3:00pm – 5 pm – People’s Choice BBQ Tasting *You be the Judge! People’s choice cards are $10, sample award winning BBQ from Best of the Midwest and Cast your vote! Limited number of cards are available
- 5:00 pm – Best of the Midwest BBQ Awards
Helicopter Rides (11 am)
Take a 5-6 minute ride around Union Grove at 120 mph! The cost of a ride is $40/seat and we can take three passengers per flight. There are no age restrictions. Children under age 2 may sit on parent’s lap (no charge for child) as long as everyone is within weight limits. Children, age 2 and older, must have their own seat and seatbelt. Helicopter rides are sponsored and hosted by Lakeshore Helicopter.
4:00 – The Giant Candy Drop! Located at the Helicopter launch pad. Watch the lakeshore helicopter soar into the air and drop 3000 pieces of candy! This experience is free to attend, adult must be present.
Both Helicopter rides and The Great Candy Drop are subject to cancelation if the weather is poor.
Hope Miniature Therapy Horses
Sale Arena Building – 11 am – 4 pm
Meet the horses of H.O.P.E. Miniature Therapy Horse Farm located in Caledonia, Wisconsin.
*** SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Great Pumpkin Chuckin Fest returns to the Racine County Fairgrounds in 2021
The annual Great Pumpkin Chuckin Fest will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23rd, 2021 at the Racine County Fairgrounds, 19805 Durand Ave. Free Admission and Parking!
Don’t miss out on this smashing fun time! Returning this year is The Best of the Midwest BBQ Cook Off. Over 50 teams will compete for $7,000 in prize money and the title of “The Best of the Midwest”. There will be Costume contests for Kids and Adults. Prizes will be awarded!
This event will feature Pumpkin Chuckin Competitions, where teams will catapult pumpkins as far as the eye can see! Raymond Middle School holds the record for the Junior Division with 229 ft., Waterford High School holds the record for the Intermediate Division with 317 ft., and Trinity Lutheran holds the record for the Advanced Division with 476 ft.
More Exciting Events Taking Place at the Great Pumpkin Chuckin Fest
Multiple Stage Performances by the Pirates, Magicians, Food, Vendors, Seasonal Beers, Free Kids Games and Activities, Carnival and Hay Rides, and so much more! Fun for all ages!
For more information, call 262-878-4606