Welcome to the Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, nonprofit business organization that has been proudly working to Market, Advocate, Network, and Educate its members to further enhance the economic well-being of the local economy and cultivate a sense of community since 1915. Located just east of I94 this area is the Heart of Racine County and is known for its excellent schools and friendly rural feel. The Heart of Racine County is a great place to live, work and play.
Saturday, October 15, 2022
10 am – 5:30 pm
- 12 pm – Master Series BBQ Turn In & Judging
- 2:30pm- Backyard BBQ Turn In & Judging
- 5 pm – KCBS BEST OF THE MIDWEST BBQ Awards
Pumpkin Chuckin Field (10 am-5:30pm)
IT’S YOUR TURN! Launch your own pumpkin between competitions – $4 per launch.
- 10:30 am – 3:30pm – Chuck Your Own Pumpkin
- 1:00pm – Strongman Contest – $2 Entry Fee Sponsored by: AMVETS of Kansasville
- Registration is open from 10am-12:30pm! Visit the info booth to register!!
- 4:00 pm – Pumpkin Explosion – Sponsored by:
- 4:30pm- The Giant Candy Drop - Sponsored by:
Kids Games & Activities (10-5)
Little Sprouts Kids Zone
- Free Hayrides (10-5) – Sponsored By:
- Decorate your own Pumpkin!!
- Make your own sling shots - Sponsored By:
Special THANKS to Maurice Farms for donating pumpkins used at the Fest!
- 10:00am – Racine Zoo
- 12:00pm – Racine Zoo
- 1:00pm – Kids Costume Contest & Parade
- 2:30pm – Pie Eating Contest
- 3:00pm – 5 pm – People’s Choice BBQ Tasting *You be the Judge! People’s choice cards are $10, sample award winning BBQ from Best of the Midwest and Cast your vote! Limited number of cards are available
- 5:00 pm – Best of the Midwest BBQ Awards
Helicopter Rides (11 am)
Take a 5-6 minute ride around Union Grove at 120 mph! The cost of a ride is $40/seat and we can take three passengers per flight. There are no age restrictions. Children under age 2 may sit on parent’s lap (no charge for child) as long as everyone is within weight limits. Children, age 2 and older, must have their own seat and seatbelt. Helicopter rides are sponsored and hosted by Lakeshore Helicopter.
4:00 – The Giant Candy Drop! Located at the Helicopter launch pad. Watch the lakeshore helicopter soar into the air and drop 6000 pieces of candy! This experience is free to attend, adult must be present.
Both Helicopter rides and The Great Candy Drop are subject to cancelation if the weather is poor.
KIDS GOODIE BAGS ARE SPONSORED BY –
*** SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Great Pumpkin Fest 2022
The annual Great Pumpkin Fest will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, October 15, 2022, at the Racine County Fairgrounds, 19805 Durand Ave. Free Admission and Parking!
Don’t miss out on this smashing fun time! Returning this year is The Best of the Midwest BBQ Cook Off & Backyard BBQ Cook Off. Over 50 teams will compete for $7,500 in prize money and the title of “The Best of the Midwest”. There will be Costume contests for Kids and Adults. Prizes will be awarded!
This event will feature Pumpkin Chuckin Competitions, where teams will catapult pumpkins as far as the eye can see! Raymond Middle School holds the record for the Junior Division with 229 ft., Waterford High School holds the record for the Intermediate Division with 317 ft., and Trinity Lutheran holds the record for the Advanced Division with 476 ft.
More Exciting Events Taking Place at the Great Pumpkin Fest
Multiple Stage Performances by the Pirates, Magicians, Food, Vendors, Seasonal Beers, Free Kids Games and Activities, Carnival and Hay Rides, and so much more! Fun for all ages!
For more information, call 262-878-4606